Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Artworks For My Allocated Studio Space

According to the big mind map with  21 different ideas, I got 5 ideas to work on eventually.
1, A bra for putting random stuff.
  
The original bra idea was to hang a bra on the ceiling and put stuff in the cups, but then I thought it needs really strong glue or tapes to stick the string on the ceiling which is connected to the bra, or otherwise, the weight of bra plus the random stuff in the cups will be too heavy to be hung up. So I came up with "Why don't I just fasten it somewhere on the desk or on the chair." here we go, -a C cup bra fastened at the back of my chair, and a very useful bra! XD


Here are some process pictures for my first idea
First Step, buy a C/D cup bra from the super market, (better to buy a cheap one, cause they are not bought to be worn anyway) or recycle bras you or you friends don't use anymore.
Second Step, take off the strings on the bra, just leave the bra itself (the cups)
Third step, design your own surface on the bra, here I had my paper stencil which is a Peace logo, and I pasted on the left cup, and sprayed the whole left part into black, on the right cup I wrote with a marker "MADE YOU LOOK" and "IT'S BITCHIN'! HAHA"
This is how the bra looks like after I put some design on the surface
Forth Step, Fasten it at the back of the chair, and at he buckle part of the bra, you can put pens on it, or notes and paper works with paper clips.
This is how it looks like at the back of the chair.



So this is my first idea, A bra for putting random stuff. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like wasting, and who's very much into saving. So I wouldn't waste any materials at all, so I made something out of the bra strings I took off, which can be my second & extra idea(during the process)
So I buckled the 2 strings on the side of my desk wall, how can it be used?
So this is it, you can use it as a pen holder or you can bring loads paper clips and clip your notes and stuff on the strings

My third idea was, "Christmas light all over our desk", wanna see how it turns out to be?

This is our desk, -me and Masha's desk. Something special right?
I got the Christmas light last semester, haven't really used it that often, so then I thought to use it to decorate my desk.
 This is how it looks like when the light's off, so whenever you feel bored or tired of thing too much for your assignments, you can turn the light on and trip into the light.


My next idea is "A board with 2 sides "DISTURB ME" and "DO NOT DISTURB"
DO NOT DISTURB, so whenever you are super busy with whatever you are busy with, you can show this side of the board to inform your classmates to stay away from you.

DISTURB ME, whenever you are super bored and have nothing to do, you can show this side of the board to inform your classmates to disturb you!

There are some process

Recycle boxes which are not used anymore and cut 1 side of it

Write "DISTURB ME" and "DO NOT DISTURB" on 2 pieces of A4 papers, and then stick them on the board you cut down from the recycled box


The next idea is "Make a boxers folder"
                             You can hang it at our side of the desk and put paper works in it or any kinds of files

                                                                Here are some process
The same thing, you can either recycle boxers from your friends or families which are not used anymore, or you can use your own boxers.

Cut the bottom of the boxers 

Make the boxers inside out, and sew the bottom part of boxers together


This is how it looks like when you are done sewing 

Then take it outside in back to normal again, and it will look like this


Spray, draw or write things you like on the surface

Then it's done!

The last idea is "Recycle a box for putting random stuff"
Then I thought I already had a box on my desk (Pandora box I made for my Digital Skills class task) so I can turn that one into a recycled box for putting random stuff in it.
Pandora Box for putting random stuff

So basically I had 6 practical ideas, and I had an extra one, - the bra strings.






No comments:

Post a Comment