Saturday, July 28, 2012

Scanning Task

 First of all, I've done some research about scanning digital option;
Image scanner
In computing,  an image scanner- often abbreviated to just Scanner- is a device that optically scans images, printed text, handwriting, or objects, and converts to all digital image.






I chose an apple for the organic scanning object, a friend of mine drew a smile face on the apple, and wrote something as well; I rotated the apple while scanning, it captured the smile face and words on the apple.

Then I cropped the smile face as my texture
A smiling apple, what does it make you think of? I thought about happiness, so I typed "Don't Worry Be Happy" on this image.


Then adjusted the curve and contrast.
       DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY
 And here it is, the final work.


My second organic object was my face.
I cropped 2 pieces from this image, the first part is my star necklace area.
 YOU ARE THE STAR
process is basically the same as "DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY"

The second cropped part is my face. 
 SOUL
My head followed the light in the scanner while it was scanning, and it gave me this beautiful shape of facial transforming, it made me think of something alive and energetic which is exactly SOUL. 
 (Process is similar to the others)



Then I Chose a pink tie for my Non-organic object
Originally scanned image

Then I adjusted the contrast and curve, rotated the image as well, and I pictured a letter A on this image.
"A" is at the left corner

So I cropped the left corner, and started editing.
And here it is, the final work.
 This is a flyer for my final presentation, to give myself more confidence to nail the final presentation; XD
(As this is my current wall paper)

And here's one of my flyers which I was doing for fun, the pattern and the lines are cropped from the scanned tie as well, but it was scanned by following the light of the scanner; (I lost the original image)


 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment