Friday, July 27, 2012

Silkscreen

This task is to let know how yo interpret objects using representation, Identity, production, consumption and regulation. 
 Representation
Representation is the use of signs that stand in/for and take the place of something else. It is through representation that people organize the world and reality through the art of naming its elements. Signs are arranged in order to form semantic constructions and express relations.

According to my collections for our Cabinet of Curiosities task, I have 4 different items as my collection.
1, A kirpan
I traced the shape of this kirpan as the stencil for the silkscreen.
it's very easy to cut the shapes out with a cutter, then I used black color to print this one.




2, A Bob Marley badge.
He is a very well-known Reggae musician, Reggae represents love and peace, so I came up with this logo to represent this badge.
This one is also in black color.




3,  A hand band from Saudi Arabia
The 2 on the sides are the buckles of this hand band, and there's the lace of this hand band in the middle




4, A hand band presents Reggae because of red, yellow and green colors together
I drew several circles, and each circle is going to have its own color, red, yellow and green.
 with 3 colors of the hand band in 3 circles.

Some random shapes from my collections


No comments:

Post a Comment