Monday, April 22, 2013

Montage - Trip To The Rooftop

Photo montage, the process and result of making a composite photograph by cutting and joining a number of other photographs. And here are the works I've done for this assignment.
Wandering 

Flying

Observing 

Falling

There are 4 pieces of the montage work, I created a story line and the story's name is Trip to The Rooftop. The process of this is that I took pictures in the photo studio of a model and cut the background and stuck on a painting paper, start drawing the backgrounds; I tried my best working on painting a perspective background, although it is not perfectly very perspective.

 The first image, Wandering is the guy walking in a different world in a different dimension, and then in the second image, Flying, he started noticing on the tall buildings around him; after awhile, the colors from this world started becoming wings to lift him up to the rooftop; in the third image, Observing, he started observing all around, and walking on the rooftop; in the end, the last image, Falling, he wasn't careful and fell down from the rooftop with a tragedy, and while he was falling down, his colorful wings from this different work starts breaking apart, that caused the tragedy.

Here are some sketches before I started working on this painting:





I have done many experiments with montage in this semester, in the first experiment, I got confused between photo montage and photo manipulation, so with a wrong direction of this assignment, I started an experiment with photo manipulation, and the works are down below.





Then I started working on the techniques on photo montage, I started playing around with the Holga lomography film camera first, and create some old school photo montage. Check it out




After experimenting on the films I started experimenting with my digital camera and digital photo shop software, check it out

So this is the montage assignment I've done for this semester so on, hope you like my work.




No comments:

Post a Comment