Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dawn to Dusk

Dawn to Noon
Naturalism

                                                              
                                          Good morning




Sunlight hurts my eyes







Noon to Dusk
Urbanized

Hello, sunlight



Say bye to the sunlight









This assignment's title is Dawn to Dusk, to capture a travel log in photography, it's a one-day photography from dawn to dusk. 
My theme of this whole album is a big contrast of the natural view of a suburb (where we live and our college locate) and the urbanized view of a big city - Kuala Lumpur. There's a big big difference in this album in each 10 photographs.
From the morning to the noon, I went on a hike to the mountains which surrounds our Legenda college,  and captured the movement of the sunrise to the noon (when the sunlight is on the top of our heads) in sequence. Then from the noon, I took a train all the way to Kuala Lumpur city to capture the city view of the day -the other half day, from the noon to the night.

In Naturalism, Dawn to Noon, I played with the mood of the sky, the light of the sunrise and the effected clouds by the sunlight to show the early morning view; then I played with capturing the shadows and shooting the sun directly to show the sun in the heat, and the sun is above our head and the noon view.

In Urbanized, Noon to Dusk, I captured the small details of the city instead of taking pictures of the tall and magnificent buildings, some details represent a personality, so I chose to use the details of the city to show the personality of the urbanized world. I played with reflection, perspective in the photographs, and captured how colorful and bright the city is in the evening or either during the day, city is fun!

In the end,
The critique of this whole album that I'd give for myself is that my photographs need more object in them, instead of being empty, it's much better to express more through the photographs.
And this is Down to Dusk of one-day photography from my vision, hope you like the photographs.

















No comments:

Post a Comment