Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Writing For Designers (learning outcomes)

1, Demonstrate key writing skills in storytelling.
Story telling is to narrate an event through words, pictures or films. To tell a story through words need a very good construction for the entire context; pace writing: there are 4 paces in a story, intro/content/climax/outro.
Turning point can lead the story to a climax. Story telling in text also needs clear texts and proper texts to describe the subject or object.

2, Undertake mind mapping exercise to formulate.

Here are some drafts of mine during studying and the first task to write a story with random 20 words.

3, Work effectively constructively in groups to discuss, debate and share ideas.
During the video shooting, I had a chance to work with some college mates, they participated the short film Reality of Dream I've been working on for this semester. I had a lot of fun working with people. My main actress Ivy Zhu, she's perfect for the character in the film, in her personal life, she has studied a lot of making up and modeling, and she shared a lot of her making up techniques and actions in each frame with me, we happened to reshoot a lot of the frames to develop the character's action and emotions. And during shooting the scene in the woods, all of us had to suffer from the mosquitoes that can eat people, it was hardworking, but everyone had fun I think. And also by reviewing my classmates work, it gave me ideas to develop my video planning. Like Amir's first video plan "Chance" that he has used different colored frames in the video, then I got inspired and developed his idea into frames between reality and dream.

4, Compile an online journal while critically evaluated.
I have been doing a lot of research during this semester, and have been uploading all the information that I've got from the research to my blog.

5, Present a body of writing which demonstrates a clear and concise understanding of key concepts.
My key concept of the entire video project that I've been working on this semester, the film theory follows the short film Reality of Dream I've made:
Film Theory:
          What is the real reality of humanity? Is it a nightmare or a colorful dream? It’s up to you.
         The entire film was shot in black and white, but the ending was shot in color, which converts the entire story from dream into reality, and I picked the sound of night as the background music with frames in daylight in the last scene to make the audience wonder if this colorful presence is really the reality? Or it’s just another sweet colorful dream? I created these “mental murder” characters in this film and they are the most surrealist part of the film; their head are covered by wraps that does not make humans breath, and they all dress in formal into a business style that the humans who desire and only think about money are under a lot of pressure to live and breathe.
         A box of money knocks to visit and ends with a scream sound gives questions “is money something scary?” Well, people, you should think about this question; everybody will have different answers.

A concept is constructed by many ideas and many elements, sometimes a good inspiration leads you to an idea, and you can combine all the ideas that you have into a concept. Experimenting different stuff around helps develop the ideas that you have and gives more experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment