Saturday, September 29, 2012

Going HDR

High Dynamic Range Imaging (Wikipedia)
High dynamic range imaging (HDRI or HDR) is a set of methods used in imaging and photography, to allow a greater dynamic range between the lightest and darkest areas of an image than current standard digital imaging methods or photographic methods. HDR images can represent more accurately the range of intensity levels found in real scenes, from the direct sunlight to faint star light and is often captured by way of a plurality of differently exposed pictures of the same subject matter.

Dave Hill
A commercial photographer living in Los Angeles with his Wife, was born in 1979 and grew up in San Diego.
Dave Hill's work. http://www.davehillphoto.com/

Lee Jefferies. A professional portfolio of a photographer. England.

Lee Jeffries's work.  http://leejeffries.500px.com/
Those two photographers take HDR style pictures, so I researched a bit information about them.

So this task is to go HDR, and theme is still about environment, I sketched my ideas.
My first idea is to gather random people into my photoshoot to represent Greenpeace is a Non-government organization, and everyone is one of it, such as Lee Jeffries's portfolio work.
So I gave a try.

This is how I gave a try, I didn't use RAW+Large, that's why the image quality is very bad.


But then I thought, why don't I just combine Greenpeace and Recycling together, so this is my final idea.

Waste is a very usual thing in this world, eating is a very usual thing as well, so it led mt to Wasting food, and using wasted food to represent "Don Waste"
Here is my final work.
Greenpeace logos as the background represents Greenpeace organization, chilli in the middle of the image and in the middle of the plate on the left side represents it's a "heat" not to waste, and wasted food on the left represents Waste does not look pretty.
A reused box and a reused bottle on the model represent "recycle" I drew a Greenpeace face on the box to represent Greenpeace organization, a recycle logo in green background represents recycling is green; "Hi my name is RECYCLE represents recycle wants to meet everyone and give its spirit to everyone.

So this is how I went HDR, Hope you enjoy it.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment