Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Collections

I have got 4 kinds of collections for our group's cabinet of curiosities;
I've got a Kirpan which is a gift from my Punjabi friend, it's basically a Punjabi style dagger that they carry with for self protection;
                                             Image 1, a real Punjabi Kirpan, from Wikipedia.
KIRPAN
The kirpan is a ceremonial sword or dagger carried by Sikhs. It is a religious commandment given by Guru Gobind Singh (the tenth Guru of Sikhism) at the Baisakhi Amrit Sanchar (a holy religious ceremony that formally baptizes a Sikh) in CE 1699, baptized Sikhs (Khalsa) must wear a kirpan at all times.
                   
                                            Image 2, The Kirpan my friend gave to me.
                                                         
This is my gift from my Punjabi friend, it's a mini one, is usually given to friends as a gift or present. It's designed for girls, the pattern and shape are in a girl way, so I think it's designed for female, and this kirpan isn't sharp at all and it's small; and I don't think this kirpan has a very long history.

The second collection is a gift from my friend too, it's from Saudi Arabia; it's a hand band.
                                           Image 3, The hand band from Saudi Arabia
                                                            
this is made by different colors of ropes, and two golden metal buckles. It seems like a handmade one, looks like a braid. And the colors of the hand band are dark blue, orange and green; according to the colors of this hand band, it can be wore by either girls or guys. And I think it's a very well-designed hand band, it's simple, sometimes simple things make things perfect.

                                             Image 4, The Jamaican style hand band
                                                                
The third of my collection is also a hand hand band with green yellow red colors; green yellow and red usually presents Jamaica, peace, hippies and reggae, but this hand band isn't from Jamaica, it's made in China and I bought it in China, I bought it cause it presents my personality that I'm a hippie girl.


The last collection of mine is a badge with a Bob Marley face, and also green yellow and red back ground.
                                                      Image 5, Bob Marley from Wikipedia
Robert Nesta "Bob" Marley, OM (6 February 1945-11 may 1981) was a Jamaican singer-song writer and musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the ska, rocksteady and reggae band Bob Marley & The Wailers (1963-1981). Marley remains the most widely known and revered performer of reggae music, and is credited with helping spread both Jamaican music and the Rastafari movement to a worldwide audience.

                                           Image 6, Bob Marley badge
                                                       
Bob Marley used to be my favorite, and he still is. This badge is not from Jamaica either, it's from China and I think it's made in China as well, cause I got it when I was 12 in China, not within a long history either; also this badge is wearable for male and female, cause there are loads people who fancy him, boys, girls, ladies, gentle men, grandpas and grandmas... 


No comments:

Post a Comment